GreenPAC is seeking an Outreach Director!
A key element of GreenPAC's strategy is to build a national conversation about environmental leadership in Canadian politics. With the help of staff and volunteers, including an active Board, we aim to build a community of several thousand Canadians committed to building that leadership, initially at the federal level in 2015.
The Outreach Director is the person at the centre of this effort within the Organization, overseeing public communication matters for the organization, including our digital and online presence. This person manages our team of interns and volunteers and works with the board to direct the work plans and goals of the organization. They further support all offline events and correspondence.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Work closely with the President, board members, interns, volunteers and contractors to implement and improve an online engagement strategy to build a community on the issue of environmental leadership in politics; and enable engagement among supporters who share common interests;
- Generate website and other digital content; this includes monitoring and interacting with supporters on social media platforms to build an audience; monitoring social media metrics; and editing graphics for social media;
- Provide support for traditional media outreach efforts, including drafting media releases, op-eds and blog content for partner sites;
- Coordinate and manage interns and volunteers assisting with digital/social media and branding and other forms of outreach, including email blasts and blogging for GreenPAC;
- Actively seek partnership opportunities to expand our reach with audiences who care about the environment.
Volunteer and Internship management:
- Recruit and build meaningful relationships and team structures and find opportunities to incorporate volunteers into the federal campaign strategy;
- Manage the work plan and oversee the work of 2-3 interns, including providing feedback, and setting goals and timelines;
Federal Election Strategy:
- Manage and execute GreenPAC’s approved federal election strategy, including email blasts, first line response to queries, press, promotion, outreach etc;
- Incorporate volunteer trainings and activities around the election;
- Prepare election report on lessons learned.
- Manage GreenPAC's data systems and organize contacts and supporters;
- Manage and troubleshoot GreenPAC database (NationBuilder platform);
- Train board members and interns on various web platforms and tools;
- Prepare reports for and attend board meetings;
- Create long term outreach and fundraising email program;
- Support the planning of events, including liaising with vendors, preparing volunteers, ensuring materials are prepared, responding to guest RSVPs, and responding to event related inquiries;
- Respond to and monitor emails;
- Other duties including administrative tasks as requested.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience working with platforms such as NationBuilder, Google Analytics, SEO, Facebook Ads, HTML and graphic design software;
- has experience working on campaigns, digital engagement, and social media;
- has excellent written communication skills and extensive experience in communications work;
- is highly organized, and good at working both independently and as part of team;
- cares deeply about environmental issues and supports GreenPAC’s mission;
- is nonpartisan;
- is fully bilingual (a strong asset).
The deadline for applications is August 4, 2015.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early. Please send resume and short cover letter to info@GreenPAC.ca with the subject line "Application: Outreach Director."
We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.