Position: Election Engagement Coordinator
Location: Anywhere in BC (remote)
Expected Employment Period: September 9 - October 18
Wages and Hours: $22/hour, maximum 55 hours/month
GreenPAC is a non-partisan, non-profit organization working to elect strong environmental leaders of all major parties running for office. We have run successful campaigns in the Federal (2015), Manitoba (2016), B.C. (2017), and Ontario (2018) elections.
Want to help us blow the doors off our 2019 federal election campaign? We’re looking for an Election Engagement Coordinator to act as a GreenPAC representative in BC and manage local outreach initiatives. Job responsibilities include training and supporting volunteers, managing local campaign efforts, and tracking our campaign progress on social media. The ideal candidate has experience with and excels at delivering outreach initiatives, coordinating volunteers, and promoting a mission they feel passionate about.
- Act as a representative for GreenPAC in BC
- Manage and recruit volunteers to canvass for our campaign
- Conduct phone banking campaigns to engage GreenPAC supporters
- Track campaign progress and build momentum through regular social media updates
- Engage and encourage current GreenPAC supporters to get involved
- Optional: Research tabling events locally (e.g. panels, candidate debates, Green Drinks, festivals) and coordinate resources and volunteers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Experience carrying out outreach initiatives like phone banking and canvassing
- Experience with compelling storytelling via social media
- Knowledge of and interest in environmental issues
- Knowledge of and interest in Canadian politics
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Self starter and willing to work remotely
- Excellent organization skills
- Assets: Experience working in the non-profit sector, organizing with community groups or civil society movements, volunteering or working on a political campaign, managing social media for a company or organization, or working with NationBuilder
GreenPAC supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to info@GreenPAC.ca by 2pm (PST), Sunday, September 1. Interviews will take place during the week of Sept 2.