Expected Employment Period: April 29th - August 16th
Wage and Hours: $16/hour, 32 hours/week, 16 weeks total
GreenPAC is a non-partisan, non-profit organization working to elect and support environmental leaders of all major parties running for office. We have run successful endorsement campaigns in the Federal (2015), Manitoba (2016), B.C. (2017), and Ontario (2018) elections. We are currently planning an ambitious endorsement campaign for the federal election.
We’re looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to prepare and manage outreach initiatives (e.g. set up table at community festivals, speak at university classrooms, set up social media campaigns, plan GreenPAC-hosted events, etc.). Job responsibilities include researching outreach opportunities, attending events and signing up new supporters, planning a social media strategy, and training and supporting volunteers. The ideal candidate has experience with and excels at delivering outreach initiatives, engaging new supporters, and promoting a mission they feel passionate about.
- Represent GreenPAC at festivals and community events
- Engage and encourage potential supporters and volunteers to get involved, either at events or on social media
- Work collaboratively with other team members to map out and target key players to spread our message
- Co-create a social media strategy for our federal election campaign and help boost our online presence
- Train, support, and work with volunteers
- Provide support for federal election outreach, communications, and other promotional tasks as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience planning events or outreach initiatives
- Knowledge of and interest in environmental issues
- Knowledge of and interest in Canadian politics
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Responsible self-starter
- Assets: Experience working in the non-profit sector, organizing with community groups or civil society movements, volunteering or working on a political campaign, managing social media for a company or organization, or working with NationBuilder
Eligibility: You must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age. You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
GreenPAC supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to info@GreenPAC.ca by 4 PM (EST), Wednesday April 17th. Interviews will take place the week of April 22nd. Note: this position is dependent on confirmation of funding in April 2019.