Parliamentary Internship for the Environment Program Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Wage and Hours: 25 hours/week, $21.50/hour. One year contract with potential for renewal
Help launch and develop Canada’s first Parliamentary Internship Program for the Environment. The Coordinator will support four interns in full-time, nine month internships with MPs from every major political party on Parliament Hill. The successful candidate will help design and carry out exciting, innovative opportunities for interns to connect with leaders in the environmental and political sectors, and will maintain and grow relationships with MPs. Join the GreenPAC team and help us run this new, unique program to develop and train future leaders in Canada’s environmental sector. More information on the internship is available here.
- Organize and support intern recruitment and evaluation
- Provide assistance with finding housing, address challenges, and related activities for those interns moving to Ottawa
- Develop and maintain relationships with Program Partners including environmental organizations, businesses and MP offices
- Organize events for Interns including a camping trip orientation, networking opportunities and other activities
- Support program design and evaluation
- Administrative program tasks as required
- Event/program planning and management
- Demonstrated success meeting budget and scheduling targets
- Managing multiple, changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Working with highly talented youth, ideally in leadership development
- Familiarity with Ottawa and Parliament Hill
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Organized, with excellent administrative abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of and interest in politics; passion for addressing environmental issues
- Ability to speak french a strong asset
GreenPAC is a non-partisan, non-profit organization working to elect and support environmental leaders of all major parties running for office. We have run successful endorsement campaigns in the Federal (2015), Manitoba (2016), B.C. (2017) and Ontario (2018) elections. We are a small team with an ambitious mandate, and are based in Toronto.
GreenPAC supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to info@GreenPAC.ca by 4 PM, Monday, July 9th. Interviews will take place the week of July 16th and the position will begin on Monday July 23rd (start date negotiable).