Job posting: Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator (1 year contract with possibility of renewal)
Do you believe that our political system needs more environmental champions?
Join GreenPAC’s team and help us build a movement of environmentally-focused Canadians who want to help get environmental champions elected. We are hiring an Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator to run events, build and support our volunteer engagement, and create and manage outreach opportunities across the country.
- Actively recruit volunteers while integrating recruitment into social media and newsletter communication;
- Develop volunteer job descriptions and update existing ones;
- Onboard new volunteers and re-engage lapsed volunteers;
- Create a tracking system of volunteer involvement in Nationbuilder database;
- Create and implement a plan in consultation with the Executive Director to develop volunteer leadership across the country;
- Support other staff working with volunteers and support management of interns;
- Organize volunteer activities and socials.
- Find innovative ways of growing our supporter list to reach specific targets, especially in BC and Ontario;
- Provide other fundraising support as required;
Support BC election outreach efforts to endorse and support environmentally-focused candidates running in that election.
General communications and administrative tasks as required.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has experience in volunteer recruitment, training, management and communication;
- Understands how to bring volunteers up a leadership ladder and keep them motivated and involved;
- Has experience setting up and staffing information tables, including knowing where to find opportunities for tabling;
- Has organized other opportunities for outreach, promotion and list-building;
- Is knowledgeable about environmental issues and has a passion for finding and implementing solutions;
- Is flexible, enthusiastic, motivated and professional with a sense of humour;
- Knowledge of Nationbuilder and Google Drive an asset.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, eager to take on projects and comfortable working independently in a small, grassroots organization. We work very closely as a team and share challenges, support each other, and laugh a lot. GreenPAC supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will be able to meet and work with people from GreenPAC’s large professional network, gain experience in a dynamic organization, and take real ownership of their work. They will report to the Executive Director.
If you are excited to help build environmental leadership in politics and work with others in a challenging and rewarding environment, then we want to meet you! This job pays $40,000/year for 40 hours/week, and will require some evening and weekend work.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to info@GreenPAC.ca by 5pm on Tuesday, January 10th. We thank all applicants, but only those invited for interviews will be contacted.